The Electric Grill is a universal kitchen appliance with which you can not only fry meat or other foods, but also steam them. Many devices are suitable for home use and can be used in country houses. There are many different models, so let’s first look at what kind of electric grills are used:
- Versatile, closed or open. With the first one you can choose the most suitable way of cooking, the closed models resemble a press, which allows you to cook food the same way as in an ordinary oven or oven. With open units, the worktop is located directly above the infrared heating element;
- Contact and non-contact – everything is clear here: in the first case the food comes into contact with the heating element, in the second case there is no such contact;
- Stationary and portable, the former not only on the table, but also on the floor. The portable ones can be used for trips to nature;
- The material of the worktop can be steel, glass-ceramic or cast iron. The vitrified clay is easy to clean but fragile enough so it is the least expensive. The most universal and durable is considered a metal model, equipped with non-stick coating, in addition, the price of the grill with such a surface is not too high;
- The casing can be made of plastic or stainless steel. In the first case, the device will be characterized by a low price, but not too good quality, the stainless case will last much longer.
What parameters are taken into account when buying the electric grill?
Despite the fact that there are a lot of such devices on sale today, buying the most suitable one is not as easy as it may seem at first sight. There are a number of recommendations, given by specialists, like GrillFAQ, which help to choose a quality product at a quite appropriate price:
- It is essential to have a temperature control lever on the surface of the case, as different dishes require different degrees of heat from the tan; It is not superfluous to have an LED indicator to indicate that the power supply is on;
- The average power of the grill is between 1.5 and 1.7 kW, but it is better to buy devices with the same value between 2 and 2.5 kW to fully fry the meat;
- If finances allow, it would not hurt to take a model equipped with the required temperature maintenance function;
- The tray must always be removed, otherwise it will be difficult to clean the appliance after cooking; The worktop must be smooth, which also makes it easier to use the product;
- If the height of the feet and the cover are adjustable, this will make the use of the design even more convenient;
- A non-stick coating may be provided if steam cooking is planned;
- The electric grill is necessarily equipped with a system of protection against overheating, heavy loads and so on.
We have tried to make the most complete rating of the best electric grills so that the reader can easily decide on the device. The review was based not only on the key features of the device, but also on user feedback, so it included only the most popular products.
List of Top-3 models of electric grills in 2020
Clatronic MG 3519
Opens our rating quite a budget model from a Chinese manufacturer. Despite the fact that the power of the product is not too high – only 700 W, it can fully fry small steaks or chops, cook fish or hot sandwiches. This grill has a significant number of different functions and a small working surface, which is 23×14.5 cm. It is a closed type device with a stainless steel body.
It should be noted that the body is quite branded – it almost immediately leaves fingerprints on it, so it will have to be cleaned regularly. There is a work indicator, there is a metal handle for carrying – it will not heat up practically during work, but it is better not to touch the rest of the model surfaces. Internal cleaning is done first with soft cloths and then with a special product. The product has a non-stick coating and a retainer on one side only.
Smile KG 944
It is distinguished by its rather compact overall dimensions, so you can take it with you to your cottage if necessary. The product is designed for simultaneous preparation of six servings at a time. It has a reliable thermal insulation, which does not allow for strong heating of the surface of the structure, it can be safely touched. The appliance has an operation and heating indicator which allows you to quickly determine when you can start cooking.
The product has a tray to collect fat, which is sure to occur, for example, when cooking juicy meat. The worktops are equipped with a non-stick coating, which allows you to fry food without sticking, and cleaning is also quite easy. The product has an infinitely variable temperature control, which allows you to cook almost any dish.
Maxwell MW-1960 ST
This is a powerful enough device to thoroughly fry thick pieces of meat – this figure is 2 kW and comes with two containers for collecting fat. The worktop is coated with Teflon to protect it from food sticking. The lid has a fixer and can be folded out by 180 degrees. In case of overheating, the product is automatically switched off, which makes it completely safe to use. It heats up in a few seconds, so you can start cooking quickly.
The meat is well fried without any foreign smells, you can easily steam vegetables, fish. Cleaning surfaces is easy – just wipe them with a dry, soft cloth and then walk with a damp sponge and detergent.
So, you’ve read our review of the best electric grills you can find on sale today. We hope it has helped you find the most suitable equipment for your needs and purposes. You can share your impressions about the model you liked in particular and the whole rating in general in the comments to the article.